Greater Buenos Aires
Greater Buenos Aires has festivities taking place all through the year including concerts, festivals, fairs and sporting events.
The list below presents an overview of the major events in the Buenos Aires area.
- Cancha de Boca Stadium Action
- Known as the sweet box, this horseshoe-shaped stadium built in the 1940s each year seats up to 60,000 for Argentine football season action with Club Boca Juniors. Call +54 (0) 11 4372 3612 for more information.
- Argentine Crafts & Traditions Fair
- Each Sunday and on bank holidays, the Argentine Crafts & Traditions Fair brings country fare to the city, with free dance, music and craft workshops, plus stands offering silver, wood textiles and other goods opposite the cattle market (Mercado de Hacienda). Call +54 (0) 11 4323 9684 for more information.
- Buenos Aires Tango Festival
- In late February and early March more than 150 performers gather to give nearly 100 free shows and concerts at this festival also featuring finals of the Metropolitan Ballroom Tango Championship. Call +54 (0) 11 4374-2829 for more information.
- Buenos Aires Tango Festival
- In late February and early March more than 150 performers gather to give nearly 100 free shows and concerts at this festival also featuring finals of the Metropolitan Ballroom Tango Championship. Call +54 (0) 11 4374 2829 for more information.
- Marathon For Women
- Popular among fitness buffs, this annual marathon coincides with the March International Women's Day. Runners cover 8,000 meters, starting at the University of Buenos Aires Law Faculty Building. Call +54 (0) 11 4825 1981 for more information.
- Buenos Aires Book Festival
- The Buenos Aires Book Festival, stretching over three weeks, draws more than a million book lovers to the La Rural Exhibition Complex. Call +54 (0) 11 4374 3288 for more information.
- Feria de Galerías de Arte
- Founded in 1991 and taking place each May at the Predio Ferial de Palermo, the Feria de Galerias de Arte (also known as ARTE BA) showcases Argentine painters, sculptors, graphics experts, photographers and videographers. Call +54 11 4372 9401 for more information.
- Military Parade
- In 1999, a military parade marking the 189th anniversary of the Revolucion de Mayo (May Revolution) took place after a 10-year absence, to once again become an annual tradition with soldiers parading past the Casa de Gobierno.
- Anniversary of Carlos Gardel’s Death
- A week of tango marks the anniversary of the famed tango vocalist’s death. Call + 54 (0) 11 4372 3612 for more information.
- International Video-Dance Festival
- Founded in 1995 by Silvina Szperling, the International Video-Dance Festival is staged at the Ricardo Rojas Cultural Center. Call +54 (0) 11 4522 0597 for more information.
- La Rural International Exhibition
- Livestock, agriculture and industry exhibits at La Rural offer insight into current international market conditions. Call +54 (0) 11 4372 3612 for more information.
- FIA World Rally Championship
- The Argentine leg of the World Rally Championship, with some of the roughest terrain on the circuit, attracts more than a million spectators each year. Call +54 (0) 11 4802 9679 for more information.
- Snow Carnival
- August brings an exodus from the city to prime Argentine ski resorts, and one highlight of the new season is Snow Carnival, with torch lit ski parades, ski-jumping and other contests, plus coronation of the snow queen. Call +54 (0) 11 43 12 56 21 for more information.
- Teatro Colon Opera
- Host to the world’s great performers, Teatro Colon opened in 1908 with a production of Verdi’s Aida and now has a year around event schedule with tours of the historic facility conducted daily. Call +54 (0) 11 4372 362 for more information.
- World Tango Festival
- A week-long tango celebration features nightly performances along with workshops taught by the masters. Call +54 (0) 11 4374 2829 for more information.
- International Guitar Festival
- Since 1995, the IGT has attracted artists worldwide specializing in different genres performing free for the public. Call +54 (0) 95411 4374 2829 for more information.
- Argentine Open Championship
- Polo fans flock to the world-class Argentine Open Championship, running late November through early December. Polo seasons are March through May and September through December at the Campo Argenti no de Polo. Tickets can be purchased at gate. Call +54 (0) 11 4372 3612 for more information.
- Buenos Aires Gay Pride Weekend
- In early November, Gay Pride weekend marks 1969’s formation of the city’s first ever gay assembly. Now thousands participate in the flamboyant parade with floats and drag queens, starting at Plaza de Mayo, progressing to Plaza Congresso and ending at Avenida de Mayo. Call +54 (0) 11 4372 3612 for more information.
- International Tango Festival
- The International Tango Festival unfolds the first week in December, hailing bygone Buenos Aires, while confirming that tango is very much alive in hearts of porteños (Buenos Aires citizens). Call +54 (0) 11 4312 5621 for more information.
- National Tango Day
- Tango reigns on the Dec. 11 birthday of tango great Carlos Gardel, packed with related events. Call +54 11 4378 7100 for more information.
- Polo Argentine Open
- As the world’s fifth oldest polo competition, this tournament first played in 1893 is a highlight of the polo circuit, unfolding at Camp Argentino de Polo en Palermo. Call +54 (0) 11 4372 3612 for more information.
Terms and Conditions
EventGuide, EventGuide.com, EventGuide Network, EventGuide.Community, EventGuide Buenos Aires, the phrase
"What do you want to do Today?," VenueGuide and TheaterGuide are service marks of MetroGuide.com, Inc.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
All event information presented is subject to change. Please contact the event organizer directly to verify dates and times.
To list an event on EventGuide.com (free): Click Here.
To report an inaccurate event listing: Click Here.